Sunday 20 December 2015

Another Day Another Loss.

Having lost 2 friends in a month or so I was left reeling once again today by the sudden death of a 3rd. I have said before that I have seen so many deaths in my time I'm almost anaethetised to it. But not now. Regular readers may recall my fellow blogger Izzi who have I have spoken of before on here. Well I was once again stunned today to learn on Facebook of her passing. I'm not sure of her exact age but I think it is no more than 27.

Life did not exactly deal her many good cards. Bipolar, autism and Crohn's had a huge impact on her life. But it didn't stop her completing a PhD and and MSc just in the time I have known her. To say I'm shocked doesn't really convey the grief. And it is grief for all 3 of my recently departed friends.

Given the setbacks I have had in recent weeks I really didn't need any more bad news. I have escaped to Kent for a week to see dad. It was a surprisingly good journey down. And then the news.

There is nothing I can do other than play each day at a time, rest and cook. Slow roast lamb is on right now and perhaps a glass of Rioja. Who knows what tomorrow will bring.

I Heard a Voice.

No comments:

Post a Comment