Wednesday 9 December 2015

Shades? In Winter?

For the first 58 minutes of Monday night's Redskins and Cowboys game it was turgid rubbish. I found myself wondering why on earth I had bothered to record it. But that final 2 minutes, what a finish. The upshot of this was that I went to bed far later than I had planned.

When I woke after a series of bad dreams I felt very out of sorts. The gains of yesterday seemed far away. Was I going back into the morass of the last few weeks? Sometimes madness is like that, a good day then a couple of bad. We do get better incrementally and never believe it will ever end until we reach that strange point in the journey where life returns to what passes for normal.

Given that I've not had a walk in some time I thought a brisk mile and half each way into town might help. That low in the sky winter sun brought the shades out of cosy hibernation. The walk was punctuated by a lunch in the Fu Hao with Yang. After that the day began to get more balanced and somewhat better.

Handel and Mozart have been on this afternoon's agenda along with a chat with Beka. Dory will once again visit on Friday. Tomorrow I will find myself watching the Varsity Match from Twickenham for the second year in a row-illness strikes in the same time frame a year apart.

I expect a return of some of my anxiety as the days tick by to my planned return next week. I've had some contact with people there all of whom urge me to only come back if ready. I feel I'm getting there. I have to go back at some point. If not now it won't be until the New Year. Not too far now. 2016, this year has gone so fast.

Back to Handel now so check in later in the week for more musings.

I Heard a Voice.

PS Szechuan twice cooked pork awaits tonight, a good choice!

No comments:

Post a Comment