Saturday 26 April 2014

Maria Callas on a Sunny Afternoon.

Hello out there. Where have you all gone? No one seems to be out and about in blogland the last couple of days. The ebbs and flows of writing this are so hard to explain.

Those of you who are looking you find me on a sunny spring afternoon listening to Maria Callas singing Verdi. And very good it is too. It has the feeling of the day after the night before. For reasons that defy all logic my mood took a nose dive yesterday after having lunch with Dory. I think it might be catching as she too was not at her best. The joys of depression eh?

I awoke this morning after a troubled dreaming sleep with a mild headache, an emptiness, and a rather lost feeling of what to do today. It was the same feeling when I finished writing both books. Now my academic work is finished after working so hard since February I'm rather at a loss what to do next. TV bores me, cooking is curiously flat and I'm feeling listless. I do not feel depressed, just lost.

To try to make up for this strange state I will pound a Thai curry paste after tea and making myself a fiery curry with beef. Maybe that will do the trick. Until then a little blog, some reading and the sublime notes of Callas. The sun shines and I try to chill. Let's hope for more enthusiasm for tomorrow. Then it is back to the University.

I Heard a Voice.

No comments:

Post a Comment