Thursday 17 April 2014

Harried Heron.

The heron was hungry at the lake today. I saw it gobble 2 small fish in less than a minute, effortlessly flying across the surface and swooping. Yet that was not the most interesting sight. That was the crow that harried its every move as it seeks its eternal stomach filling life. I guess that eggs and chicks are also on its agenda. A heron is a marvellous sight to behold. As is nature in the spring; the hunt to survive. Savagery again.

My day has been rather mixed. Every now and then the medication really gets me and I can't wake up. My friend Jackie was due round at 9.30 to do my IT training. The medication intervened though, I didn't wake up. A wasted opportunity.

Work was okay. It's now all over until a week Monday. So the holiday is here. To celebrate I thought I would pop out for a little Malaysian food. Not sure where Joey's mind was today but she got both of my dishes wrong. So no BBQ ribs or crispy prawn dumplings. Slightly peeved.

Yet tomorrow I sleep, study and prepare for Easter. I will catch the train to dad's late on Saturday morning. My return is planned for Monday to get on with my MSc write up. I am getting there. There is a marking boycott looming as the unions battle the university over pay. An improved offer has been made so the boycott has been postponed. I wonder if I will get marked and paid. That would be a bonus.

I hope to blog again tomorrow, see you all then.

I Heard a Voice.

No comments:

Post a Comment