Friday 18 April 2014

Appearing and Disappearing Images.

Some of you looking at this might have noticed that yesterday I finally put an image of me up on here. It is on the profile. Funny about putting a face to a voice. Well that was me about 5 years ago. Beth took some shots in the courtyard of the Butt of Sherry as cover shots for the first book. I did try to put a more recent picture up but the ones I have are of such high quality as they were taken by a professional photographer that the jpeg was too big to be accepted. So that is me.

At the same time, for reasons that are not obvious the cover image of "Charon's Ferry" has mysteriously disappeared on Amazon sites around the world. I tend to look a couple of times a day as it is the only site that allows me to track sales. They have ground to a halt in the last couple of weeks. Maybe the follow up has bombed.

That was very much in my thinking last night after my very mixed day. I went the Hedgehog for a pint of Doombar and found my mood sinking. That sense of being a failure and wasting my life. There are people in Kent who think I did just that. I might have mentioned it before but when I was down at Christmas someone I know said to me "isn't it about time you got a proper job". Try telling that to my students. Yet nearly a year removed from the knife in the back I am still firmly entrenched where I was before. Will change come? I hope so but not very optimistic at the moment.

As Christians celebrate the most important festival of their calender thoughts of the future are not in the forefront of my mind. It is Good Friday so I'm listening to the music of my former life. Allegri has been played, Byrd Five Part is on and I will pick up the CD for Lotti's Crucifixus from the car after this. Study awaits this afternoon. See you all soon.

I Heard a Voice.

No comments:

Post a Comment