Wednesday 2 April 2014

Pounding Away to Bruckner's 9th.

The title of this post is not intended to be an innuendo although I guess some could construe it as that. Rather is refers to the marvellously therapeutic experience of pounding ingredients for Thai curry paste in my trusty mortar and pestle. Along with my keffiyah from Petra it is one of my most prized possessions. The South East Asians did the world a great service by inventing the art of pounding curry paste. After a day on which not all went to plan, and slightly really and shaken from a near miss in my car this morning I had to do something to rescue today. I did some good work but as ever I battle to balance good and bad. Having 6 chicken thighs that will be out of date tomorrow and a can of coconut milk I retired to my great love of cooking.

And so my flat is filled with the marvellous aromas of the Thai curry bubbling away and the sounds of Bruckner's 9th symphony I edge closer to Easter. Friday is the last day of term. I'm making progress with my studies, I've listened to all the lectures and my selected academic papers are safely downloaded and printed. Tomorrow I will be on an interview panel to select a new Chairperson for HPFT-another day of being important then Friday. Wonderful Friday when I will try to forget the travails of the week gone past and head for the weekend. More study awaits but there will be cooking, shopping and hopefully a haircut in the offing. My mood teeters of being quite good barring setbacks. Oh how I struggle with setbacks.

Another term down, another to go. But it will be short, oh so short. Summer is near, I wonder what that will bring me?

I Heard a Voice.

No comments:

Post a Comment