Sunday 6 April 2014

A Dull Season Opener.

Considering today is the start of the Pimm's season it is pretty dark, gloomy, and chilly out there. Where has the sun gone? The Boat Race kicks off at 5.55 pm in anticipated rain. No rain here but not a day to be outside. That said I now have everything I need for my Pimm's and shall pour a glass or 2 after tea.

As for the rest of the day it is Puccini, choral evensong, reading, and roast beef. I have many times on here extolled the virtues of the pig. Now it is time to praise the humble cow. The French consider us a nation of beef eaters. Actually their beef is excellent and they make a distinction between boeuf and vache, the steer and the cow. We are not that sophisticated over here but it is good for a Sunday. My Yorkshire pudding mix is resting, the beef is coming to room temperature and I will shortly parboil potatoes.

The finale of "Turandot" has just echoed round my flat. I wonder what next, the radio I think in anticipation of here St Paul's cathedral choir at 3.30 pm. Not heard them for a while. Then back to the Sunday Times. More soon.

I Heard a Voice.

No comments:

Post a Comment