Friday 11 April 2014

Unusually Quiet.

There is an old adage in mental health that if it is going to kick off it will do so on a Friday. Well we have got to Friday and so far all is quiet. The phones have not rung, no one has dropped by and the e mail traffic has been limited. Just as well really as there is only our administrator and me in today. Yes it is the holiday.

The rare peace has allowed to get on and progress on other fronts. I'm only expecting one definite visitor and one possible visitor today. So it is time to eat into the mountain of admin that seems to litter my life at times. Let us hope it remains quiet over the coming week as we really are down to the bare bones of a service. This time next week I will be on holiday.

Although it is Friday my work for the week isn't finish. I'm venturing abroad this weekend, to London today then leafy Gerrards Cross tomorrow. It is a working trip to help out some friends. In truth I rarely stop working apart from my Sunday opera day given how much external traffic occurs. When people know I have some limited expertise in the field of mental health there are often others seeking my advice. That advice is always given for free, people just don't have the money to pay for it. Sometimes it feels like I should run a clinic in my local pub once a week-it would be in demand. Others ask if I do private work. It would be nice but is not as simple as just talking to people. How I have admired the work of my Buddhist Healer friend Caroline Latham over the last 20 years but the risks she takes. But she gets results; mavericks often do.

And to the rest of today. The radio is quietly playing through my PC and I'm trying to work out what to do next before what I think will be an early lunch. Getting hungry already. There won't be any more posts now until next week-no access to cyberspace until I return home on Sunday.

No comments:

Post a Comment