Saturday 5 April 2014

Rare Sirloin and Forgotten Mint

In the early hours of Thursday morning I was woken by a dream. As is my wont and need to go back to sleep after I had a cigarette and had a strange thought. I had an overwhelming desire to have a rare steak at 4.30 am. Very weird. I rarely used to eat steak but having finally mastered the art of rare steak I'm eating it more often.

So my shopping expedition yielded a good sirloin steak that has aged for 30 days, I had the Pimm's, a joint of beef for tomorrow and pretty much everything I need. There was a vital omission though, I forgot the mint. Can't have Pimm's without mint so I guess I will have to drive down to Waitrose again tomorrow before the race. What a pain!

Talking of dreams they came back viciously last night. I knew I was in trouble when I woke 2 hours after I went to bed. 4 dreams later I gave up on sleep and got up. Dreams have been more limited recently but they always come back. Perhaps I should start reading the Freud book I bought on dreams.

Despite an invite to London from Izzi I had to devote the afternoon to further study. I have now read all 4 of my chosen papers. I need to reject the last paper as it is only based on a literature review. It was helpful though. All I have read so far has pointed to a need I knew was already there. For mentally ill students we need to get out there not only to treat but to educate, we need to be more flexible, and we are not necessarily using the limited resources we have more effectively. This all fits with my previous project. But it will never happen, I am simple not in a position of influence. Well at least not where I work. The Trust is a different matter.

After an evening on which my mood became increasingly flat I do feel okay today. Perhaps +1. I need more than that. Tomorrow I will open the Pimm's season and cheer Cambridge on. No need to study so perhaps a little trip out into the country before the race. Then win or lose I will do my roast beef with Yorkshire puddings and some good Rioja.

I Heard a Voice.

No comments:

Post a Comment