Sunday 31 May 2015

Gathering Gloom Take 2.

With Flaming June due to arrive tomorrow my part of Hertfordshire is surrounded by darkness and and gloom. In fact it is so dull I have had to put the lights on in my flat. Cold and wet outside really have put me off doing anything adventurous. So no walk today yet again.

In its stead I'm reading and listening to the radio. Can't even be bothered to watch the cricket. I was however delighted to see that my friend Lucie had her letter to the education editor of the Sunday Times about personal budgets for children with special needs published. I was aware of her battle from Facebook posts so so pleased for her that she has succeeded.

Sadly I cannot be a gentleman of leisure all afternoon. We are interviewing for that job I mentioned on here tomorrow so I need to familiarise my self with the applications in preparation. I rather enjoy interviewing although it is uneasy being in a position of having power over the lives I people I barely know.

My mood is a little flat today and the anxiety is bubbling away underneath. In truth we will be fine in Spain so why do I worry? Too much time spent with mum? I never used to be like this going away. Yet I know that once I have collected my bag from the carousel at Madrid airport life will go on and it will abate to the next phase.

This is the last post of May. May June bring more sun.

I Heard a Voice.

No comments:

Post a Comment