Sunday 24 May 2015

Thumping Batting.

A dull Sunday afternoon and Ben Stokes is smacking New Zealand's attack all over Lord's on the 4th day of the 1st Test match. England looked beaten first thing this morning. Marvellous stuff now.

My morning did not start with much promise. A year on from giving up smoking the dreaded nightmares do come back to me sometimes and this morning was one such occasion. Not much sign of the sun but after a healthy salad lunch and a trip out to The Crooked Chimney with my friend Richard I feel somewhat more with it.

A large gammon joint roasts away in the oven, my bottle of Syrah is open and joy seems restored. Should really have gone for a walk, been on hold since my foot problems emerged, but the lure of the pub put paid to that. Tomorrow's hostelry will be The Plough at Smallford. Always good to have a Monday off..

I Heard a Voice.

No comments:

Post a Comment