Tuesday 26 May 2015

On the Bone.

I've just watched John Torode culinary trip to Argentina. I missed it first time around a few months ago. Any time an Australian admits he's been BBQing wrong all his life makes one sit up and listen. God the food looked good. Made me think I must roast a forerib of beef again soon.

Watching it took me back to a bygone age. Do you remember the mad cow disease outrage? It led to a ban on beef on the bone. At the time I lived with my parents and rarely cooked. It wasn't that I couldn't cook or didn't want to more that everything anyone else cooked mum criticised. So I simply gave up. It wasn't until later when I cooked each day that I realised the culinary disaster that the ban on meat on the bone was for British cooking. To be honest though I did find beef on the bone in those days, at the Pullman bar in Folkestone. And of course I had to have a T bone steak just because I could.

Those days seem long ago now. I cook what I will. Currently one of my trademark fiery Thai curries is bubbling away on the hob. It will infuse overnight then set my mouth on fire tomorrow. Only a week to go now until Madrid. I do feel calmer than last time I was on here.

Still have to see how that calm holds. I'm losing interest in other things but things will crop up this week. Then they will have to do without me for 10 days. They will, they always do. See you soon.

I Heard a Voice.

No comments:

Post a Comment