Tuesday 2 June 2015

Waiting for a Train.

The gloom of an early English summer continues. So cold I have a jumper on indoors and expect any moment that the heavens will open for anther downpour. The Test match looks all but lost. New Zealand have plays some great cricket in this short 2 match series.

In the cold I'm awaiting the arrival of the 4.32 pm from King's Cross. With luck dad will be on it so I'm off to collect him after this. Yes tomorrow our holiday starts. 1.00 pm flight from Luton to Madrid. A 3 hour coach journey awaits, then and only then in Salamanca will I relax.

The day has been one of nerves and tiredness. I had to go into work for a couple of hours to speak at a conference. It was not my best effort and I could really have done without that.

Once dad is here I think supper in Hakalok followed by a beer or 2 in The Hedgehog. I really hope this holiday allows me to relax, been unusually stressed. I also hope and pray that my troublesome toe stays okay at least until we get home. After that whatever treatment is needed so be it.

I doubt I will blog from Spain. So for now goodbye. Back in England on 9th so maybe chat then.

I Heard a Voice.

No comments:

Post a Comment