Sunday 3 May 2015

Wishing My Life Away.

Ordinarily on a Bank Holiday weekend I would be relishing the extra day off. This weekend I'm not. Really need to get to see the Doctor. My mind is racing away with bad possibilities just as mum's mind once did. Am I becoming more anxious as I get older? Am I wishing my life away with the need of Tuesday to come quickly? Actually I both need and fear that trip on Tuesday. If it is just antibiotics then I can live with that. If it is worse the best laid plans for the next couple of months could be undone. Why does the anxious mind go to worst case scenario?

I cannot make time speed up though. Another Sunday is on me. The music of the afternoon is Mozart's La Finta Giardiniera, a somewhat long opera spread over 3 CDs and more than 3 hours of play time. I need to check how long the duck needs to cook. It is only a crown so likely less than I normally do. It would have been nice to go for a walk now the sun has come out but that's never going to happen. So the rest of the paper beckons. Maybe the cricket after the opera; what an extraordinary day in Barbados yesterday, 18 wickets in a day.

Here is to better health and hearing more positive news on Tuesday than I fear.

I Heard a Voice.

No comments:

Post a Comment