Saturday 16 May 2015

Down Time.

After a week like the last one I need a break. Monday's tragedy which I wrote on earlier did not stop the week of chaos and stress. Whenever there is a death we have fall out. But add onto that that a number of our high risk people all got into difficulty at once it makes for tense nerves, exhaustion and self questioning.

Friday's plan went out the window by last thing on Thursday. The result was a back to back day of 6 students a number of whom are on our worry list. By the end of the day I was exhausted.

Waking up at 12.30, God I was tired, the plan was a gentle day. And I got it. I also finally discovered a good butcher nearly 8 years after I moved here. The proof will be in the chicken so to speak for that is what I will roast tomorrow. Nice bottle of French Chardonnay and some Jersey Royal potatoes should make for a fine feast.

My anxiety levels of the last couple of weeks are now reducing. Not found it easy going. But I now look forward to a Sri Lankan beef curry that is bubbling away and a few beers to complete my Saturday.

I Heard a Voice.

No comments:

Post a Comment