Sunday 10 August 2014

What Hurricane?

All week we have been warned that the UK would be lashed by the remnants of hurricane Bertha today. Well, where was it? Wet and windy at times interspersed with sunshine. Not at all what I feared and certainly nowhere near the mighty storm of October 1987 which devastated the south of England. Relieved to be honest, travelling home on the train in storms is not fun.

Yes I'm home after a weekend seeing my dad, Miriam and some of my Kent friends. Beka is stressing about the wedding, dad is unwell but I'm all will work out. I'm clearer now on my speech on the day. Rumour has it I'm quite good at public speaking so hopefully I will be at my best. Well I have to be given the distinguished man I'm standing in for.

So what of the next week? A few students, a couple of lunch dates, the odd coffee and not much else. August is so quiet at the University but after the extraordinary intensity that pervades term time I'm sure we all deserve a more sedate pace of life even if it only for a couple of months.

I'm listening to Mendelssohn which is very pleasant; not done that for a while. I think I shall return to Handel tomorrow. And after that catch up on the cricket highlights-England win inside 3 days.

See you al soon.

I Heard a Voice.

No comments:

Post a Comment