Saturday 2 August 2014

African Evangelist Invasion.

On a Saturday when it was slightly cooler than of late I did my normal trip into town. Busy. The local area was flooded by smiling Africans evangelising and singing very loudly. All very interesting but I really didn't want to have a religious paper pushed in my face on every street corner. They flooded the place. I certainly respect anyone's faith but I am somewhat alarmed that some feel the need to convert others. Well I'm not interested. Talking of conversion it looked very much like the Jehovah's beat a hasty retreat in the face of such an onslaught.

Quiet afternoon of reading and Mozart ensued after. I feel tired despite sleeping late. Mood is so so, no more no less. But I am cooking. So in about 30 minutes a rack of lamb coated with sumac and cumin to briefly roast-looking forward to that. Then just a gentle evening I hope. That said I suspect the Hedgehog will be busy-someone's having a party.

The only question now is do I slump in front of the TV or do I put some opera on? I suspect I might go for Verdi's Falstaff.

I Heard a Voice.

No comments:

Post a Comment