Thursday 7 August 2014

Hunting in the Sun.

Out on the lake the heron in hunting as the August sun beats down. At Old Trafford England's bowlers are hunting in a pack and demolishing India's batting. A glorious sight as summer moves inexorably towards its end. Only 3 weeks until September. And September means wedding.

Having paraded around various shops in the last week or so since I came back from Prague I finally bought a new suit today. I'm paying the price for giving up smoking, the weight has definitely gone on. Do I diet and starve or do I just succumb to the inevitable of being middle aged and just try to limit the damage? I'll report back in the autumn.

My mood is more stable and buoyant than at any time since I had my day out with Dory. It has been somewhat rocky. The catalyst for this change? A rather surprising e mail from the University Careers Service notifying me that my Service Improvement module work entitled Oh Where Shall Wisdom Be Found? has been nominated for an award for innovation and entrepreneurship. I'm stunned. I never expected that. They want to do an interview in September to see if it goes through to the final. I guess I had better look back through it between now and then. I doubt it will go further but nice to be nominated all the same.

Stuart Broad has just taken the final India wicket. Now the hard part, going out to bat. Is the pitch bad? Is the bowling good? Was the batting poor? We will know more come 6.30 pm at the close of play.

Tomorrow after work I will get the train down to Kent to see dad and catch up with friends. Not been there for ages. Saturday afternoon on the beach weather permitting-summer time can be so good!

I Heard a Voice.

No comments:

Post a Comment