Sunday 17 August 2014

No More Until April.

England demolished India inside 3 days this afternoon in the 5th and final Test. Yes I wrote them off. I have doubts how they will fare against better opposition. But it's a good fightback. Yet I will have to wait until April before I watch them again. That's right, no more Test cricket for England until the spring. I detest ODIs and 20/20 matches so I'm in for a long wait.

Stepping into the limelight though is the NFL in less than a month. West Ham too although I'm not very positive about them either; losing after dominating in the 92nd minute. In A Pillar of Impotence I used the term the pegs on which I hung the mantle of my madness for my sporting interests in the long months of depressed nothingness. All that time on my hands, no wonder I stayed depressed for so long.

Another weekend comes to its close. I'm listening to Cosi fa Tutti and quaffing Syrah after some splendid roast lamb. A nice end. Tomorrow looks quiet but I said that last Tuesday too. Only a week to go before I break. I'm in a better place mentally than I was most of last week. Nothing seems in the horizon and I'm not too worried about what might be over it.

For now I content myself with Mozart and fine wine, the morrow can be the morrow.

I Heard a Voice.

No comments:

Post a Comment