Sunday 31 August 2014

The Ghost Chilli.

What a night! After my recent turbulence my birthday was spectacular. So much food, so many friends, so many messages, and a couple of beers. Well that's not strictly true. I am blessed to have such wonderful friends. Many had not met each other before yesterday but everyone got on. A true day to remember.

Now it the day after I emerged not hungover, tired but relaxed to my first day of being 45. Yes only 5 years to 50. It flies at this age. But there is much to savour. The day has been most gentle, shopping, The Marriage of Figaro, a couple of glasses of Pimm's, lamb chops and Chianti and now Beethoven's violin sonatas.

So where do I go from here as I enter my 8th year at the University? The answer is I don't know. Only time will tell me that. For the time being though I will savour my blessings, focus on what I have got and sample the marvellous presents people gave me. Dory of course outdid everyone by giving me a huge box of chillies, She felt she needed an addition though so she also bought me the ghost chilli! I'm not sure I'm brave enough to try it but you never know.

Tomorrow brings a jaunt round some country pubs with a couple of friends. Tuesday brings lunch out with a colleague. And Wednesday takes me to Kent. The count down to the big wedding it well under way.

I Heard a Voice.

No comments:

Post a Comment