Saturday 23 August 2014

Anyone Out There?

All seems quiet out in blogland. Numbers have dropped off and as ever no reason for it. But things will pick up at some stage no doubt. The quiet out there is matched by the quiet of my day. Shopping, cleaning and all those dull things. Well I suppose they have to be done at some stage.

Having completed my virtuous tasks for the afternoon it is on to cooking. A lamb tagine is bubbling away, a theme on a variation in a book that I added my own touches to. Smells good so it is promising. My beloved Mozart also plays although at this stage it is a violin sonata rather than an opera.

So starts my holiday. I'm glad to be away from things quiet though they were. Mood is neither good nor bad; it just is. Tomorrow I will catch the train to London although services are disrupted yet again. I also expect it to be busy with the Notting Hill Carnival on. I've never been although I was invited my friend Beth's then boyfriend some years ago but they split up before the event. I wonder what happened to him? I rather liked him. The count down to Beka's wedding goes on-2 weeks today. I wrote my father of the bride speech yesterday. Well to be honest it is not exactly written, merely 8 bullet points to remind me. This time next week I will be 45. A number of friends will come for that-should be fun.

More posts in the week. See you then if you come back.

I Heard a Voice

No comments:

Post a Comment