Friday 7 February 2014

Return to the Lake.

Amid beautiful morning sunshine on an otherwise cold day I finally returned to the lake by my office. I had not been there since before the holiday. The water was clear and ripply as the sharp wind got up. My haven during long days. Yes I returned to work yesterday. It has gone okay but has been exhausting. Much appears to have happened in my absence and some at least feel they missed my crisis management expertise. It is a good question who does my work when I'm not there. We don't have a good answer to that. Maybe that is why we need change. None of us are indispensable but I do have some allies.

It is beginning to look as if I will be running my planned book launch after all. Given my recent illness I had hoped to postpone but some have other ideas. I'm looking forward to it but worry that the short notice will stop people coming. I have a supply of books and tomorrow I will send off some to be reviewed or to people involved in the writing.

For now though I plan a very quiet weekend. I need to recuperate still. Energy is not back yet although in the main the coughing has subsided. I suspect it will get busy from now on in. Usually until April although last year it went on well into July.

Might blog again tomorrow-see you soon.

I Heard a Voice.

No comments:

Post a Comment