Saturday 22 February 2014

Generous End to the Week.

This week has been full of surprises. Yes Wednesday happened and it was not quite as I planned. Then last night the phone rang just as I was thinking of going out for noodles. It was my old school friend Mulumba. We've known each other 35 years and last spoke almost exactly 3 years ago a couple of weeks before the launch of "A Pillar of Impotence". He sounds on fine form but really shocked me with some things from all those years ago. It appears I was perceived by others back in those singing days in a totally different way from how I perceived myself. He also re-affirmed the belief that I should not under estimate my achievements or intellect. So the narcissist was false. Try telling that to the men with power who laud it over others as Doctors. As I repeatedly say in the first book, no one ever listened to the words of those who knew me before. My life was not a delusion. It was great to hear from him.

When I did get out for my noodles I bumped into a couple of friends who had very kindly come to my launch. And one of them Sarah paid. She is really bright, training to be a teacher, and has a bright future enlightening our youngest friends.

Today I popped by to see Yang for a Tsing Tao and hot and sour soup. She refused payment. It never ceases to amaze me what kind and generous friends I have. Did some study when I got back. Not sure if I'm more confused now than when I started but I will get back to it tomorrow.

For now it is England and Ireland in the rugby and the prospect of twice cooked Szechuan pork for dinner-an old favourite of mine.

I Heard a Voice.

No comments:

Post a Comment