Wednesday 5 February 2014

A Spot of Handel.

On a day that promises yet more storms I have decided to stay put and use my last day before going back to work on domesticity, reading and some Handel. "Saul" is playing as the washing goes and I will settle down with "Brighton Rock" for a couple of hours.

That will be interrupted for a short lunch break when I will finish the last of my parsley soup. As a measure of how much better I'm feeling I'm eating properly again. I suspect I have lost some weight over the last few weeks of illness-good thing I guess. Tonight there is slow roast pork on the agenda. My friend Richard will be joining me for that. Can't beat good pork although I'm sure the fat is not too good for me. But then again, how am I supposed to get good crackling without a layer of fat.

Back in the realms of reality tomorrow I suspect it will take me pretty much all day to catch up on the last couple of weeks. At last look I have 197 unopened e mails. Most will be junk but it takes time to sift the wheat from the chaff. I'm hoping by Monday I will be up and running again. Next week also brings a Council of Governors meeting. I missed the last one as it was my study day. I feel somewhat fraudulent about that role-I have done so little. But I have a 3 year term so there is time enough yet to make my mark.

I Heard a Voice.

No comments:

Post a Comment