Wednesday 3 May 2017

Unnecessarily Anxious

Today had gone well in the main. I did what I needed to do, there were no major crises, I caught up on a few things, saw a few people then got off a little early to go to my GP surgery to collect a prescription and make an appointment. All seemed even better when I managed to book an appointment on Monday, that never happens.

All continued to look good until I got to the chemist to get said prescription only to find somehow somewhere I had mislaid it. All pockets, bags, diaries and the car searched yet to no avail. With that anxiety decided to join the party and send me into difficult territory. Maybe I left it in the surgery. Maybe it fell out of my pocket. It certain doesn't have any narcotic benefit to anyone who perchance finds it and goes to claim. One item is very dangerous in overdose but who would know that?

I tell my students to worry about what they can control not what they can't. I know there is nothing I can do until tomorrow. The surgery was shut when I phoned. I can call in the morning or drop in. At worst I can ask him for another one on Monday. But still the nightmare that is anxiety gnaws away and confirms that wholly negative way I look at myself tonight after something small went wrong.

Opera night is not opera night if those fears come back. The key will be to immerse myself in Le Nozze di Figaro and let go. It is just so hard to let go. But let go I must.

By Monday at the latest I will have a resolution of what is in the grand scheme of things a small problem.

I Heard a Voice.

1 comment: