Sunday 14 May 2017

A Weekend of Indulgence.

Greetings everyone. You find me on a Sunday afternoon content in what has been an overly indulgent weekend. My friend Marie came to visit, been ages since she came here. What followed was a gastronomic few days with a certain amount of wine thrown in. Thai prawns with chilli and basil, rare ribeye steaks then capped off with roast rack of lamb for lunch today. Hurrah for weekends.

Now my flat is empty I debated what to do, a film, TV or music. Donizetti won by a landslide so the next couple of hours are taken care of.

As ever the weekend has gone all too quickly. I am having a little bit of an anxious day, not because of work. More as I have to go to the dentist tomorrow. An errant piece of bacon rind seems to have caused me some problems so we will see what the damage is both physically and financially tomorrow.

Dad has been at the Grand Prix today. He's coming to the end of his epic adventure. He seems to have got through despite various mishaps. He returns home on Tuesday. Must get down to see him soon.

My trip to The Waggoners with Sarah on Thursday was a lot of fun. Funny how small the world is, she grew up in the town where I went to boarding school at the same time. We'd known each other ages before we saw that connection. Much to my surprise I ate fish. And very good it was too. Very nice bottle of Malbec so the taxi proved a good choice to make.

With the election coming up I have booked the following day off. I do like staying up very late at elections. My friend James who is a Labour councillor and was inducted as Mayor last week advised me that "we are going to lie down and take our kicking" when I asked how campaigning was going. So not very optimistic. It makes me uneasy that opposition is so disjointed. Democracy needs balance and we haven't had that for a while. My polling card arrived this week so I'm all set for the day. Just a short walk to the local primary school.

I will leave you now and focus on the opera, try to distract myself from thoughts of tomorrow.

I Heard a Voice

No comments:

Post a Comment