Saturday 20 May 2017

So to Spain!

Hail and salutations, how goes it? Saturday afternoon is coming to an end, I have put some opera on and I'm preparing tonight's feast. Last night's efforts were such a triumph, I wonder if I can match them? Tonight's inspiration takes me to Spain. Yes I return once again Sam and Sam Clark's original book Moro.

 It was a shopping trip that inspired me to deviate from South East Asia and head back to Europe. Town was packed today as there was a street food market. All manner of wonderful stalls selling food from all over the world. I bumped into my old friend Michael and his family for the first time in over a year. In all the exoticism though I remained steadfast to an old foible that I hate getting my hands dirty when there is nowhere to clean them. So for all the temptation I didn't partake. I went instead to see Yang for a glass of beer and wonton soup.

Shopping after I found both swordfish and sardines so will go back to healthy living tonight and tomorrow lunch time. The swordfish is marinating in oil, pimenton, onion, garlic, cumin and lemon juice ready to be griddled later. I made a sweet tomato sauce from the book to go with it, it is infused with cinnamon. Served with it will be seared chicory with a sherry vinegar dressing. All washed down with a glass of Albarino. Viva Espana!

It's a shame I haven't worked out how to post pictures on here. I did a tentative experiment earlier but it didn't work out as I'd hoped. I will learn one day.

The rest of my afternoon was spent cleaning. I hate that but did have a feeling of virtue after. These things have to be done.

Mentally I feel much better than earlier this week but given that I must return to the dentist for more drastic and no doubt uncomfortable treatment on Wednesday it is only a matter of time before my anxiety comes back to me. Is it the curse of getting older? Balding, okay. Greying, fine. Fatter, manageable. Anxiety, hell! And with it always comes the risk my mood will plummet. But not tonight. I will feast, read and listen. Have a great Saturday.

I Heard a Voice.

No comments:

Post a Comment