Monday 1 May 2017

Third String Debut Brilliance.

Hello out there, I'm back. There's not much sign of the sun today and I got a little wet earlier. May Day, party on from Padstow to Moscow. I'm not really partying but pass a day off with opera and a little reading. I did venture out earlier to get my hair cut and to restock the fridge.

The weekend with Jayne was fabulous. Our American friends call a back up back up the third string and my opera night was a debut for such a person. Tosca was ill, her understudy was ill so we heard from the side of the stage a brilliant debut by Elin Pritchard whilst the part was mimed on stage by someone else. Odd I guess and I suspect there were more than a few nerves but she was brilliant. Brutal story but a masterpiece.

It was fun seeing my old friend Laura too. I think it may well have been 1982 when I last saw her. We had a couple of beers and a catch up on many years in between. Very pleased to hear her sons are rowers. I doubt I will ever fit in a boat again, too fat, but I do like that it carries on in Cambridge.

Jayne and I were somewhat self indulgent but we don't get to see each other nearly enough so why not.

My return home heralded a not so good night, bad dreams and early waking but I don't feel as anxious as I might have done. Mood is okay but we will see how it gets tested when I return to work tomorrow.

Dad managed to get his flight to Barcelona okay. He is launching forth on a grand cruise followed by a stop to see the Grand Prix. Not my scene but he loves it. Really hoping he has a great time.

Enjoy the rest of the holiday weekend and hope the rain stays away. Until next time.

I Heard a Voice.

No comments:

Post a Comment