Saturday 26 September 2015

A Country Lunch.

My apologies for my recent silence. It is nearly a week since I was last on here. In truth this week has been so up and down I haven't really felt like communicating much. Once again I find myself pulled in 3 different directions and a mass of contradiction. All of which led to me feeling pretty ordinary to put it politely.

Yet now it is the weekend. I had a marvellous start as Beka came to visit. She had to take some more shots for her portrait commission so asked if she could stay again. Dinner at Hakalok followed by a couple of pints in The Hedgehog was great. Today as the sun shone we took a ride out into the country for a bite of lunch at The White Horse at Burnham Green. We had a pint there last time she visited but I've never eaten there. It was a revelation, duck confit terrine followed by a great wood pigeon salad. How has it taken me this long to finally eat there?

I've eaten out a lot this week with mixed results. On Tuesday I had an extremely expensive and quite frankly dreadful dinner at the highly rated Wellington at Welwyn. It was so awful I'm tempted for the first time to take out my ire on TripAdvisor. I've never seen fit to write on there before. My experience of The Wellington since I moved here has been very mixed. I will not go back again.

Leg of lamb is on tomorrow's menu, nicely pink in the middle I hope. Bought a nice bottle of Chianti to go with it. After that let us pray for a better week.

I Heard a Voice.

No comments:

Post a Comment