Sunday 6 September 2015

The Waning of Summer

September, the month of creeping chills, misty mornings, leaves beginning to turn. In many ways I'm very fond of this time of year. It is a time of rebirth for those of us who work in the education industry. A time of new beginnings for many thousands of young people as they transition from education by rote and laid out carefully to you are on your own. Now my studies are finished I have a greater understanding of the world of my students. At times studying for my MSc was a very lonely business.

As the sun came out on the waning summer today that chill is in evidence. The last day of my holiday moves towards its end with the smell of pork roasting and Mozart's Litaniae de Venerabili Altaris Sacramento in E flat major accompanies my afternoon musings. As ever it has gone all too quickly. I do not feel ready or happy to be going back but back I must go. Yes I'm off Tuesday and Wednesday for graduation but the mayhem starts soon enough and will not end until Easter.

My mood is a little flat and I still yearn for more sleep but it is too late for that. I'm not struggling just lacking in motivation to carry on to the next part of the journey. No doubt on the good days it will fly and on the bad days crawl. Christmas will loom far quicker than we can imagine. A lot of things to go through before then though.

So at the end of summer I wish you all well for coming autumn, may it be prosperous and rewarding for all my kind readers out there. I will return soon.

I Heard a Voice.

No comments:

Post a Comment