Wednesday 9 September 2015

A Special Day.

Hello, have you missed me? Viewers seemed to disappear whilst I was away. Hope you come back. Well I'm back home now on the final day of my allocated annual leave.

If you have been following the news you will no doubt have noticed that today is a special day for royalists in the UK. For today Queen Elizabeth II becomes the longest serving British monarch in history. Of course for some she is a divisive figure. I'm a fan although I have never met her. I've met her son the Prince of Wales and her sister the late Princess Margaret, but although I have seen her twice that was as close as I got.

Yet the title of today's post does not refer to the Queen's day. It is for yesterday. The day I graduated with a Master of Science degree. We had a lovely day despite my anxiety. All went smoothly, a number of friends were there to witness my achievement along with dad and Miriam. Although I took a shortened route-I only had to do 90 of 180 credits as my books and teaching counted-it has been a long journey. I worked very hard and feel proud of what I have achieved. People keep asking if I will go on to do a PhD. Maybe but I'm nowhere near ready to do that. One day perhaps.

I have to return to the grind tomorrow. The inbox is groaning, the demands are mounting up and I still have no desire or motivation to deal with it all. That doesn't really bode well for the autumn. But by hook or crook I will make it through to Christmas.

I Heard a Voice.

No comments:

Post a Comment