Saturday 19 September 2015

Tea and Cake.

Hello, how are you all? Where has the sun gone? It has been lovely all day but gone all grey now. You find me at home with West Ham on the TV, a DVD to watch later, dinner to heat up and not much else.

In truth I set out to do very little today. My day started far too early after 3 anxious/bad dreams in the space of 3 1/2 hours. After the third I gave up. I did my usual Saturday trip to town to shop a little and look round. Then a nice bar lunch at The Waggoners. Back at home I called a couple of people, neither were in then just caught up on the Broncos - Chiefs game from Thursday night-what a disastrous ending for the Chiefs.

It has been such a day of little or nothing perhaps the highlight was stopping for tea and cake. Lapsang Souchong today along with some lovely sultana and cherry cake. I felt quaintly English doing that. Where would we English be without tea? Actually I only really drink a cup a day, always when I get home from work and a little earlier at the weekend.

All my friends are off on a charity walk tomorrow so it will be another quiet one. I do have some gammon to roast but no one to share it with. I'm not a big walker of distance so am supporting by hurling money in the pot. It is all in memory of our dear friend Jeff who died on New Year's Eve 2013 after battling leukaemia for some years. I do miss him so.

The weeks are moving fast until D Day for me. It all goes off on 28th. Given that in 3 of the 8 years I have been at the University a student has been sectioned in week 1 I always anticipate a bumpy start. Let us hope it is gentler this year. I'll see you all in the week.

I Heard a Voice.

No comments:

Post a Comment