Saturday 12 September 2015

Mendelssohn for a Change.

Hail and salutations. You find me on a warm Hertfordshire afternoon at home. Shopping is done, there is a fine Greek roast chicken with lemon and oregano in the offing and I'm listening to Mendelssohn's oratorio Elias. In some funny way this quiet Saturday in September has seen a political earthquake with the opposition Labour party lurching further to the left with the election of Jeremy Corbyn as the new leader. The really funny thing is that this is being applauded by the left and right wings of politics. The left see it as a radical shift in line with people's expectation. The right feel this decision will keep them in power for the next decade. What a curious state of affairs.

I do not profess to understand the intentions of the Labour party supporters but I'm baffle how they think this will help their cause. My friend James who until recently was chair of the local Labour party and now a councillor thinks it's a good thing. I think he has lost all sense and reason. I suppose we will know an outcome in 5 years time.

Beka is coming to stay tomorrow. She's not been here for ages and requested belly pork for dinner. I'm most happy to oblige. She has an important meeting nearby on Monday morning so we finally get a chance to see each other.

As for me I'm taking work only a day at a time. Yesterday was not too bad but still have a dread most mornings when I prepare to go in. Too many chiefs and not enough Indians; not easy taking directions from 3 different people and that the information given to me differs from that given to others. The bullet will start flying soon so I just hope we can resolve the bureaucracy I'm suddenly faced with before then.

So now it is back to Mendelssohn, it makes a nice change from Mozart.

I Heard a Voice.

No comments:

Post a Comment