Wednesday 21 January 2015

A Great Pianist and a Great Cuisine.

Looking back as I sometimes do on my blog posts it has become clear that posting about music is almost as prominent as posting on my themes of madness and food. It truth I rarely write, cook or read without music on. My penchant for opera is a comparatively late occurrence in my life, choral music has been there forever along with music for strings. Piano music is rare.

Tonight in my nice warm flat I am combining a great pianist and a great cuisine. The late Ronald Smith, father of my great friend Beka plays a sublime list of Liszt on my CD player and the light delicate yet punchy food of Vietnam plays away on my kitchen. Today's effort which will infuse for a couple of days combines chicken with a rich and fiery paste of chilli, lemongrass, shallots, garlic, chilli oil, curry powder and fish sauce. It smells divine. I will add carrots and potatoes a little later along with some coconut cream. The main curry is cooked in home made chicken stock which will thicken and cool to a gelatinous sauce. At the end of the week I will eat it.

As it cooks perhaps some reading, so nice to get away from the TV.

I Heard a Voice.

No comments:

Post a Comment