Wednesday 12 June 2013

Mania Versus Mania.

The anticipated rain came rather late in the day. I was expecting a washout but instead we have an early summer evening of light drizzle. Strange to think that from next week the days get shorter. Before then though I must get through an anniversary. In years gone by I would have relapsed around now. Post risperidone that day has become a day of reflection. For on Sunday it will be the 23rd anniversary of that fateful day in the splendour of Cambridge when my life changed for ever.

If you have been reading the last few weeks you will recall I have had to keep a bit of a lid on my mood. I have no real idea why it has been elevated. I never do anything crazy when up, I just piss people off. My problems come when I go the other way.

Today I was faced with a much more dangerous mania. Yes the bright, quick, switched on mind that is me met the edge of hypomania. I know her well but as ever she won't accept what might happen. I suspect I will be busy the next few days keeping her safe. But she will make it.

And so to Wednesday evening. I made a Thai dry duck curry with my remaining duck breast. Not perfect but very good. Then I was cheered by the return to the screens of Rick Stein. Not seen him for a couple of months. I'm eagerly anticipating his new series on India which will start soon. This time without adverts removing half of it. 2 more days to go this week. Saturday is devoted to boring domesticity but Sunday I go to London. Beka is being filmed in the Sky Portrait Competition. She was shortlisted from 2000 entries. Let us hope the annniversary does not affect my mood and support too much.

I Heard a Voice.

No comments:

Post a Comment