Tuesday 18 June 2013

A Past Brand.

Before I moved here to Hertfordshire in 2007 I was a struggling, aspiring, and as yet unpublished author. I spent years trying to get an agent; they all rejected me. Almost all publishing houses refused to accept maunscript not via an agent unless I was prepared to pay a great deal of money; the only offer I got was £10,500! I tried to get sponsorship and turned to the makers of risperidone. They raved for months, passed it round various people, made all the right noises then rejected me through a short e mail. Back to square 1!

6 years later I have not 1 but 2 books to my name. They have not sold many but how could I without the marketing muscle of a mainstream publishing house? Yet most who read the books rave about them. Perhaps they are only humouring me.

So on a warm, muggy, overcast June day why do I mention this? Well today I went to collect my prescription and was given original Janssen Cilag risperidone. Not seen those since they came off patent. Yes they were the company that raved then rejected me. But that is all in the past. It did bring a smile.

For those who have been listening I am now feeling better. I'm going to eat properly for the first time since Saturday-getting very hungry now. So it is Sunday roast on a Tuesday.

Just before I leave and having mentioned the books in this post I think a timely remnider of where they can be bought was due. This in particular reference to the large number of hits from the USA. So here you go if you fancy a mind blowing read:

http://www.amazon.com/A-Pillar-Impotence-Mark-Edgar/dp/1849913951/ref=pd_rhf_ee_p_t_3_1FC3

More soon.

I Heard a Voice.

No comments:

Post a Comment