Wednesday 5 June 2013

A Mention In A National.

If you have been reading for a while you will recall the long hard winter we endured here in the UK. Some of you might also recall me reporting a "surge" in sales-relatively speaking-of "A Pillar of Impotence". As I have no backing for marketing sales are sporadic and usually in response to me speaking or teaching. Oh that everyone who said they would buy a copy had done so-I'm certain I would have sold 10 times as many as I have. But no matter.

What I didn't understand was that at the time of the mini surge I had not spoken to anyone in public. By that stage I thought maybe that was it, a book by an unknown that sold a couple of hundred copies. Today I think I may have found the answer. Whilst playing around with my blog stats I came across something new on google. At the end of last year, someone, I do not know him mentioned the book in an article in the Guardian newspaper in their section entitled "your books of the year" back in December. All I can say is wow! How did that happen? I have sent the book to 2 national newspapers and never heard a word back. I sent a copy to perhaps the most famous bipolar person in the UK Stephen Fry, he ignored it too. Yet an unknown thought enough of it to mention it when others wouldn't.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/books/2012/dec/28/your-books-of-the-year-2012

Where that leaves me I don't know but maybe one day I will make a big breakthrough.

As for me I'm okay after my strange manic/mixed weekend. I worked late yesterday and today-so much for the holidays. I'm booked out all week. So be it, at least I won't be bored.

When I did get to wind down today I kept it simple. For various reasons I have cooked little this week. But one of my famous coriander omelettes did the trick today-it is good to keep it simple. There was one stunning exception that I did cook, a Vietnamese stir fried chicken with chilli, coriander, lime and lemongrass. Never done it before but I almost made a masterpiece. And my mouth was on fire after-I like that.

I Heard a Voice.

No comments:

Post a Comment