Saturday 22 June 2013

And There was Silence.

Silence is a rather rare commodity at my flat. Most of the time I have either the TV on showing news and cooking programmes in the main or I'm listening to music, Mozart, Mozart and Mozart. Well not all the time. I can't remember the last time there was silence. When I got home from shopping on a whim I left everything turned off for a couple of hours.

During that time I was somwhat inductrious. 2 weeks ago my flat was in serious need of attention. Now after cleaning, mopping, sweeping, squirting, tidying, recycling ad rubbish it looks somewhat more respectable. Then it was time for tea. I invested today in some Twinnings Afternoon tea. Been meaning to buy some for ages. I have it when I visit dad, a legacy of the glorious tea when had the day we interred mum's ashes, but not at home. So all change.

Talking of change I'm not cooking today. I have had Burmese curry infusing for 2 days now so will heat that up. I had planned to have it yesterday but was too tired and lazy. It was a long week and I didn't wake up until 11.20-nightmares aside of course-so must have been exhausted.

I think I might watch a film after said curry. Then all to quickly it will be Sunday, roast lamb awaits. Another day closer to another week. The summer is now a third over although with the rain we have had today it looks more like autumn. Maybe one day the sun will shine!

I Heard a Voice.

No comments:

Post a Comment