Sunday 23 June 2013

A Night of Sad Film.

Hello and welcome to a breezy summer Sunday afternoon. Still glimpses of summer are rare. If I am to believe the recent press reports this may be what we can expect for the next decade. Well at least it keeps the flies and wasps at bay for a while. The forecast in Kent is even worse; force 8 gales led to the cancellation of the inaugural Folkestone Fish Festival. Dad's church are braving it for their festival although I'm not sure how wise that it.

Last night's curry was triumph but I was so hungry when I woke up that I actually ate breakfast. That is something I hardly ever do. After said curry I watched 1 of my favourite films "Girl, Interrupted". Go and watch it. Or even better buy the book of the same name. Set predominantly in the psychiatric unit it takes me back to dark former times. Yet it was there that I met such amazing people. The film truly captures the essence of being locked up and grim and childish responses we had to that.

The film also makes me think of those who did not make it. I will never forget them, those who lost the fight I won in the end. Part of the lot of being mentally ill is going to many funerals. We die younger. Indeed risperidone gave me back my life but it probably will shorten that life. But at least I hae a life now.
For now I listen to the "Messiah" and read. The lamb goes in on a low heat at 2 pm and I'm then off to a country pub with some friends.

Enjoy your Sunday all for Monday will come in but the twinkling of an eye. And so starts another week in this long journey.

I Heard a Voice.

No comments:

Post a Comment