Saturday 28 July 2012

The Waiting Room.

Well another week over. What a way to end it with such spectacular opening to the London Olympics! My friends Isobel and Hugh were there and I know a few people who went to the technical rehearsal. From what they all said TV got nowhere near capturing the full glory. And so today to competition.

Today's the morning after. I slept well-only one night time wake up-and am now contemplating my cooking extravaganza later. I will be doing a slow roast lamb shoulder from Extramadura in Spain, La Caldereta. Flavoured with thyme, bay, fennel, rosemary, garlic and wine it looks like a winner. Then tomorrow I will roast a corn fed free range chicken.

Some of you are no doubt wondering if the jury of 2 weeks ago has delivered its verdict. Sadly the answer is no. I do know there has been some movement and the Deputy Head of HR and the Registrar have to meet again. What I don't know is if that is good or bad. We will see.

Mood is good today, the sun is out and I'm looking forward to quiet peaceful weekend. Hope everyone else is too.

I Heard a Voice.

PS Katherine has nearly finished proofing "Charon's Ferry", we are getting closer to submission.

No comments:

Post a Comment