Sunday 29 July 2012

Another Step Forward.

It's another Sunday. I roasted a chicken and had a guest round for lunch. I do like cooking for others but sadly my small flat is hard to accommodate any more than one other person. It came out very well and we enjoyed a nice and reasonably priced Spanish white. I'm not normally a fan of white wine but I couldn't really have red wine with chicken-that would be too uncouth. Tonight it is leftovers.

Yet the main news today came away from the kitchen. I finally got a text from my friend Katherine to say that she has made it through proofing my book. Just a few adjustments to make then it will come back to me. E mail can be very useful sometimes.

After I have changed things following her suggestions it will go to another reader. He is a colleague at the university and thinks he can do it in 2 weeks at this quiet time of the year. I'm really hoping to submit it for publication before the end of the summer. Then it is down to the publisher.

And to the rest of the day? Avoid the showers and try to find something other than the Olympics to watch. Perhaps I will look at recent recordings.

I Heard a Voice.

No comments:

Post a Comment