Saturday 14 July 2012

The Jury is Out.

Well hello to you all. Yes I say all as numbers have been rocketing again. It seems particularly popular in Russia and the USA at the moment. I wonder what that says about the world?

Apologies to those of you who expected me to blog on Thursday. I was actually too tired. As for the result of my epic life changing meeting? Thus far not outcome. That said they did listen, the took on board the unique nature of my job, the dangers and the tough decisions I sometimes have to make. It went well as far I could see. They will now go away and try to form some sort of data entry to their rather bizarre system. They were vague on time scale but I hope to know in 2 weeks.

I came home very tired. That tiredness continued yesterday and I was in bed by midnight which is unheard of for me. It was a mixed day. I was glad to have got through the meeting but had to say goodbye to one of regulars-and yes I know you will be reading this. It was her choice and I intend as I do with many of my students to stay in touch. Very kindly she gave me flowers and a lovely card. I'm not very good with plants but I hope they will last the 7 days promised on the packaging. She also raved about what I had done for her. That is always strange for me. I live in a strange work duality of knowing I am up there with the best but also knowing and feeling a complete failure when I don't get it right. The remnants of an NPD? Maybe. Like all of you out there I have traits of personality disorder but that is not my illness.

I woke up too early for my liking today but did feel uplifted. It is a quiet day for me. I shopped-lamb shanks for a tagine with peas and tomatoes tonight and beef for a rare roast tomorrow. I am going to try for the first time in my life to make Yorkshire puddings-wish me luck.

Back home I have cleaned and am doing the washing-boring stuff I know. I'm quite glad on cleaning days when it is humid that my flat is small-I think I would lose half a stone in weight hoovering a big house. A big house, something I doubt I will ever have. But if I do it will have one essential element-a massive kitchen.

Now i will settle back with Ziggy Stardust and a spot of Hemingway-a truly quiet Saturday.

I Heard a Voice.

PS If you are interested in the tagine get the Moro series of cookbook:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Casa-Moro-Samuel-Clark/dp/0091938538/ref=sr_1_2?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1342273430&sr=1-2

No comments:

Post a Comment