Sunday 8 July 2012

A Late Lunch.

There is an all pervading smell of roasted cloves and ham here. Yes it is time a belated Sunday lunch. I've done very little today other than read and listen to the Magic Flute. I also listened to an excellent recording of Benjamin Britten's work. When I was a child we used to sing at Snape during the Aldeburgh Festival. I knew not at that time that it was inspired by Britten. I have decided that my next CD purchase will be Peter Grimes.

Tomorrow I return to reality. My mystery ailment has all but gone now and I'm none the wiser what it was. Why are Doctors so vague? I went back on Friday and the Doctor tried to tell me it was a side effect of medication. Very unlikely given that I have taken that drug for the best part of 19 years without a problem.

What I don't know yet is when and if motivation will return. Perhaps if Thursday's show down goes well it will. But I seriously doubt it will go in my favour.

More soon.

I Heard a Voice.

PS The Palestinian kebabs on Friday were a mighty triumph!

No comments:

Post a Comment