Sunday 22 July 2012

A Different Sunday.

Regular readers will recall that most Sundays I have a quiet day listening to Mozart, Handel, or Haydn and reading. But today has been different.

As it is the cricket season I would normally have the test match on in the background and read. But after England's disastrous performance yesterday I fancied a change. So was the my flat rang out to the voices and words of David Bowie, Bob Marley, and Nina Simone. Music having just finished, dare I look at the cricket?

It is nearly time for tea as my shoulder of pork slow roasts in the oven emitting a wonderful smell that can only be Sunday. I think I must call my dad later, not spoken for a while. Tomorrow I go back to quietness of my summer work. I have a leaving lunch to go to but that is about it. Then on Tuesday more goodbyes to students. Sometimes the summer is so hard in that respect.

I Heard a Voice.

No comments:

Post a Comment