Wednesday 4 July 2012

The Inglorious Summer.

Well, it has been raining again. We have had the odd glimpse of sun but it is yet another poor day. There is one bonus with this awful weather, there is a distinct lack of flies and wasps compared to last year. I guess though we English are used to such troubles-that is part of being English.

I remain off work with my apparent kidney problem. Yesterday morning I felt considerably better but it all returned later in the day. Today I don't feel too bad although for good measure I seem to have also developed a problem with my wrist which is rather painful-no idea how that happened. I seem to be falling apart.

Mentally I continue to be flat. Not really depressed but more resigned and flat. It seems so long since my flying mood of the winter before it all went wrong. I long for those days but they don't seem to want to come back. I am buoyed though by the upswing in readers on here in the last couple of days-long may it continue.

I am currently boiling some eggs to do what my book tells me is a medieval Egyptian dish for lunch-Baid Mutajjan. Hard boiled eggs are lightly fried in olive oil then dipped into a mix of cumin, cinnamon, coriander, and salt. Sounded nice-I will report back some time later.

And then a quiet afternoon of Ernest Hemingway. I find it so boring being off work. I have not stepped foot in the pub for 3 days nor indeed drunk. The most I have managed is Chinese tea which so far doesn't appear to be doing any harm. But God I want to get well.

I Heard a Voice.

No comments:

Post a Comment