Friday 5 February 2016

Too Far, Too Fast, and Too Soon.

Just as I thought I was going back to normal the malady of recent months came back to bite me today. My post yesterday was perhaps the most upbeat and joyful I have felt in some weeks not related to partying. I really did think I was back and running on all cylinders. Sadly it was not to be.

As the alarm went off this morning the body failed to move and the mind was in the grey quagmire of flat uninterested and worried outlook that makes life so unappealing. After grappling some time with the inevitable guilt I made the inevitable decision that I needed to stay at home. In the end I slept for nearly 12 hours.

My progress had clearly gone too fast. Although I remain tired and grey just like the wet world out there I feel more confident that this is a blip brought on my doing too much rather than falling to the bottom of the pit that I inhabited for so many weeks. I will bounce back.

Having little in I needed to go out for food. True I have a curry but I didn't want that so soon after getting up. Rather I had some Mezze in town and did a little shopping. Home now my energy levels are very low so not much planned from now on.

Tomorrow I get the train to Ely. Not back at work until Tuesday maybe that extra couple of days will do the trick to right the ship.

I Heard a Voice.

No comments:

Post a Comment