Saturday 20 February 2016

Beethoven in the Rain.

It is a very wet Saturday. The outlook is grey and the wind is blowing. Not a day to be outside. So you find me at home in the warm listening to Beethoven's 2nd symphony and enjoying a quiet afternoon. I have needed a weekend to myself. Nothing too strenuous.

I did actually venture out earlier but it was not my most successful shopping trip ever. True I got food, slow cooked Balinese pork with ginger, chilli and kecap manis on the menu later, but a couple of things I had hoped to pick up had gone and my attempts to use this rather pointless gift voucher came to nothing when I realised it wasn't accepted in the shop I had hoped to use. Oh well, it is looking increasingly like it will all go on books.

Days like this do not lighten the mood although I continue to be in a better place than of late which can only be a good thing. Work is getting alarmingly manic, not been like that since before I went off. But I'm coping well.

I learned of yet another death today. More an acquaintance than a friend it continues to be a time of loss and sadness for people in my many circles.

Sunday opera awaits tomorrow, think I might go back to Puccini. I have a ham to roast tomorrow, always look forward to ham. As for the rest of today, a little reading then maybe a film. See you all soon.

I Heard a Voice.

No comments:

Post a Comment