Tuesday 2 February 2016

Earth's Proud Empires.

I take no pleasure in other people losing out. I don't take much pleasure in being right when people miss out. I am simply a man with no power. During my studies I proposed a suitable way forward. It was theoretical but potentially real. It was held with such regard by some that it was short-listed for a University Award. Now 18 months down the line more and more of that plan is coming true. Sadly not the bit that advantages me.

The world has long seen empires. And as some fade and others rise the latter sometimes erase the former. That is what happened today. Not to me but to others. I never seem to have been very important in anyone's empire. My battles 4 years ago to advance my cause came to nothing. Simply didn't have the backing. Now another empire rises and who knows what that means for me. But I still don't feel important.

Today has made me tired. I discovered in my lack of energy that contrary to what mum and I always agreed on during our life today lamb can taste good when it's cold. A lamb salad was all I could muster but it was pleasant. My palate continues to change.

The question now is can I summon up the energy to make a curry for tomorrow? The chicken will be over it's sell by date on Thursday. There is no guarantee that tomorrow I will have more energy than I do now. So time to decide, to cook or not to cook?

I Heard a Voice.

No comments:

Post a Comment