Wednesday 17 February 2016

Solace in Music.

The first day back was okay; busy but okay. There seems a torrent of students struggling so much they are lighting the place up with spectacular visibility. I'm coping. We're coping. But getting somewhat frayed at the edges. Many have said they have never known a year like it. And we still have a few months to run until the quiet lonely summer.

I have returned to my post American football season of music and reading on a Wednesday. I'm really hoping a few nights a week can now be devoted to past times that bring me solace. The recording of Cosi Fan Tutte is not my usual one. I quite like this version. Soon I will see opera for real.

The mixed emotion of recent days following yet another death is more in check today. These events of the past 3 months have hit me hard as life was tough anyway. But now I feel a little stronger mentally it feels easier to see them as they are. Still not done my mood diary yet but I would venture on occasion into the realms of + territory and that hasn't happened very often as my struggles went along.

My medication levels are back to normal now. Yet still I sleep forever. I don't anticipate any easy early mornings for a while. I wonder when that will change as surely it will.

On a good note dad has booked our holiday. So we are off to Italy. I have been twice before both times to sing. But that was in the north. This time we go further south. My Italian is not up to much so communication could be a challenge. I wonder if I will find good food? I must confess the delights of pasta and pizza have never really grabbed me in any sort of embrace warm or otherwise. Let's hope I'm surprised.

I Heard a Voice.

No comments:

Post a Comment