Wednesday 28 October 2015

Nearly There.

As I write on a non descript October evening after such a wet day I am but a single hit away from 30,000 views since I started writing this blog. I feel quite pleased with that. Some 5 years have passed since I began to share my life with this anonymous world out there. And it is anonymous, comments are rare on here although part of that I'm told is the Blogger requires you to register to comment and it is complicated. Given that figures are often buoyant and I get private comments I intend to continue on this journey to nowhere.

This October evening finds me listening to Haydn, sipping a beer and wondering what to read. I missed my opera Sunday but did do some on Saturday. Wednesdays are good days for that as I have little else to distract me.

In the working world I'm still dealing with the fall out of recent events. To say it has been frenetic is an understatement. The pace has not slackened nor the complexity and risk reduced. But I'm back on track I think. I do fear another meltdown but on a day to day, hour to hour basis I am coping better.

How much of a price I pay is anyone's guess. This pace cannot be maintained indefinitely. Something has to give sometime. But until that happens I have to keep going.

What I do know is that contrary to what I feared I'm not going to have to work until lunch time on Christmas Eve so can go and see dad, Miriam and Nigel. I'm really hoping Beka and her mum can come too and we can cook a fine goose as we did 3 years ago. Lots to think of then and to look forward to. And I don't have the looming spectre of MSc work or books to write.

I Heard a Voice.

No comments:

Post a Comment